Shandong Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism
The Shandong Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism shall implement the guidelines, policies, decisions and arrangements made by the Communist Party of China Central Committee on culture and tourism, and fulfill the work requirements of the CPC Shandong Provincial Committee.
The Shandong Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism shall unwaveringly uphold the centralized, unified leadership of the CPC Central Committee on culture and tourism.
Duties related to the cultural system, cultural undertakings and cultural industries:
1) Implement laws, regulations, guidelines and policies concerning culture and tourism; draft relevant local regulations and government regulations; formulate provincial policies and measures on culture and tourism.
2) Make overall plans for the development of cultural undertakings, cultural industries, tourism and cultural relic protection in Shandong; formulate development plans and organize their implementation, promote the integrated development of cultural and tourism industries and related industries, and promote the reformation of cultural and tourism systems and mechanisms.
3) Administer major cultural and tourism activities throughout the province; guide the construction of key cultural and tourism facilities; and guide and promote all-for-one tourism.
4) Guide and manage provincial literary and artistic undertakings; guide artistic creation and production; support representative and exemplary literary and artistic works that embody core socialist values; promote the development of all types and varieties of art.
5) Be responsible for the development of provincial public cultural undertakings; improve the construction system for public cultural services and public tourism services; expand cultural programs to benefit the public; promote the standardization and equalization of basic public cultural services.
6) Guide and promote the innovation and development of provincial culture and tourism science and technology; promote informatization and standardization in the cultural and tourism industries. 7) Undertake work related to the promotion of excellent traditional culture; take the lead in drafting the provincial plan for the promotion of excellent traditional culture; carry out Qilu cultural inheritance and innovation project together with relevant departments; be responsible for the protection, inheritance, popularization, promotion and revitalization of intangible cultural heritage and outstanding ethnic and folk culture.
8) Make overall plans for the cultural and tourism industries of the province; organize and implement the survey, excavation, protection and utilization of cultural and tourism resources to promote the development of cultural and tourism sectors; be responsible for the overall planning and organization of cultural and creative industries and boutique tourism industries in the transition from old growth drivers to new ones.
9) Formulate provincial tourism marketing strategy and organize its implementation; promote the overall image of "Friendly Shandong" and the construction of tourism brand system.
10) Guide the development of provincial cultural and tourism markets; supervise the operation of cultural and tourism markets; promote the development of a credit system for cultural and tourism industries and standardize cultural and tourism markets.
11) Administer and guide work related to cultural relics; examine, apply and administer key cultural relic protection units at or above the provincial level, guide the protection of world cultural and natural heritage, historic and cultural cities (districts, towns and villages), scenic spots and historic sites, and religious facilities in the province.
12) Deal with major issues concerning the protection of cultural relics; put forward professional opinions on major and important cases concerning the handling of theft, destruction and smuggling of cultural relics; guide the safety management of cultural relics in the province.
13) Manage the social dispersion of cultural relics, the cultural relics market, cultural relics entry and exit with relevant departments; identify cultural relics in circulation, inbound and outbound and any criminal acts on behalf of the state regulatory authorities for the import and export of cultural relics.
14) Administer and guide archaeological work in the province; examine and administer archaeological exploration and excavation projects within and in water areas of Shandong; administer funds for the protection of cultural relics and related projects; guide and coordinate the management, protection, rescue, excavation, research, utilization and promotion of provincial cultural relics. 15) Guide comprehensive law enforcement in the provincial cultural market; be responsible for the guidance and supervision of administrative law enforcement in the fields of culture, cultural relics, publishing, radio and television, film and tourism market; supervise the handling of major and important cases; investigate and handle major trans-regional cases, and related work.
16) Guide and administer provincial cultural and tourism exchanges, cooperation, and promotion with foreign countries, as well as with China’s Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan; organize large-scale cultural and tourism exchanges with foreign countries and with China’s Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan; strengthen the international marketing of the province's cultural and tourism industries.
17) Complete other tasks assigned by the CPC Shandong Provincial Committee and the Shandong Provincial Government.
18) Transform government functions. In accordance with the decisions and plans of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council on the transformation of government functions, advancing reform to delegate power, streamlining administration and optimizing government services as well as implementing the requirements of the CPC Shandong Provincial Committee and the Shandong Provincial Government to deepen the reform of the "Run Once at Most" campaign, the department will promote the transformation of government functions, deepen the streamlining of administration and delegating power to the lower levels, and innovate ways to regulate cultural and tourism sectors and improve services. The department will strengthen the integrated development of culture and tourism, carry forward fine traditional Chinese culture, promote cultural exchanges, improve the tourism brand image of "Friendly Shandong" and the soft power of Qilu culture to better meet people's ever-growing needs for a better life. The department will strengthen policy guidance and planning, integrate various cultural and tourism resources, improve the system of modern cultural and tourism industries, and stimulate cultural innovation across the whole of society.