BMW takes lead in efficient, innovative driving experience
Updated: 2012-09-10 08:08
By Han Tianyang (China Daily)
|All-new BMW M6 [Photo/bmw.com.cn]|
BMW also launched the all-new M6 two-door coupe at the Chengdu show. The third-generation M6 is equipped with a 4.4-liter V8 Twin Scroll Twin Turbo engine with 560 horsepower.
Paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, the engine can power the car from zero to 100 km/h in just 4.2 seconds and to 200 km/h in 12.6 seconds. Average fuel consumption is still just 9.9 liters every 100 km.
Compared with the previous generation model, the all-new M6 can produce 10 percent more output and 30 percent more torque while reducing fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emission by 30 percent, thanks to the BMW EfficientDynamics.
Lei Sheng, men's foil champion at the London Olympics, was invited to the BMW booth on the media day. "The all-new BMW M6 is a dream car - its high performance brings an extreme driving fun," he said.
- Vegetable prices on the rise in Jan
- China's auto output, sales set world record again
- China targeted by 72 trade probes in 2012
- China aims at becoming full IRENA member
- WeChat: Tencent's not so secret weapon
- Poly Real Estate profits rise 28.69%
- HK company registration hit record high in '12
- Eroding Chinese consumers' trust unwise