Former vice-mayor of Chongqing indicted for reportedly accepting bribes
Jiang Duntao, former vice-mayor of Chongqing, has been indicted on suspicion of accepting bribes, the Supreme People's Procuratorate, China's top procuratorate, announced on Friday.
The procuratorate said in a statement that it had assigned prosecutors from Leshan, Sichuan province, to handle the case, and that the indictment had been filed with the Leshan Intermediate People's Court.
Prosecutors allege that Jiang took advantage of various positions he previously held — including Party secretary of Zibo and Weifang in Shandong province, and vice-mayor of Chongqing — to seek benefits for others and accept bribes in return.
The amount of bribes involved is "extremely large", prosecutors said, adding that Jiang should be held criminally liable for bribery.
During the prosecution process, the investigators questioned Jiang, informed him of his litigation rights, and listened to the opinions of his defense lawyers.
Public information shows that Jiang, 57, a native of Shandong, was placed under disciplinary and supervisory investigation in October 2025. He was expelled from the Communist Party of China and dismissed from public office in April.
- Former vice-mayor of Chongqing indicted for reportedly accepting bribes
- China, UAE to hold joint air force training
- China considers law amendment to boost foreign-related legal services
- 159 dead, 10 missing as Typhoon Maysak batters Guangxi
- Typhoon-triggered flooding leaves 159 dead, 10 missing in South China's Guangxi
- Former Beijing official sentenced to 13 years for bribery






























