Central authorities send more relief items to Guangxi
China's central government has allocated an additional 5,000 disaster relief items to Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region to support emergency response and relief efforts following recent earthquakes and floods in Liuzhou and other areas, the Ministry of Emergency Management said on Saturday.
The supplies, including tents, folding beds, mattresses and household emergency kits, were jointly dispatched by the office of the National Commission for Disaster Prevention, Reduction and Relief, the Ministry of Emergency Management, and the National Food and Strategic Reserves Administration.
The latest allocation followed two earlier batches totaling 15,000 central disaster relief items that had already been sent to Guangxi, according to a news release from the ministry.
The materials will assist local authorities in relocating and resettling affected residents and carrying out disaster relief and assistance work, the ministry said.
- Study finds once-weekly HIIT burns fat as effectively as three sessions
- Han-Tibetan couple embodies ethnic unity through public service
- China allocates additional 160m yuan for flood, quake relief in southern regions
- Robotic-assisted cardiac surgery achieved in Lanzhou
- Intl experts visit Xiamen to study bay construction and wetland preservation achievements
- Heavy rain to continue battering southern China through Thursday
































