China ramps up medical support in Sichuan following landslide
The National Health Commission said on Saturday evening that it has dispatched national-level medical experts to a village in Southwest China's Sichuan province following a landslide earlier in the day.
The commission said specialists in intensive care, emergency medicine and trauma from Sichuan University's West China Hospital have been sent to Jinping village in the province's Yibin city that was struck by the landslide at 11:50 am on Saturday.
Local health authorities immediately mobilized medical personnel and vehicles to conduct on-site rescue and treatment operations. In addition, the commission has sent officials to the affected regions to enhance guidance and coordination of medical efforts.
By 5 pm on Saturday, at least 30 individuals were reported missing, and 10 houses had been buried under the landslide. By 7 pm, two injured individuals had been rescued and were receiving medical attention at a hospital, while more search and rescue operations continued.
The commission said that it will allocate additional national-level medical personnel to the area as needed, while also stepping up psychological support for affected villagers.
- Art education exchange series kicks off to bring China and Russia closer
- Lai's anniversary speech slammed for covering up failure, advocating secessionism
- China unveils new baseline requirements for primary and secondary schools
- Top judicial bodies clarify rules on criminal trials in absentia
- Warmth in prescriptions
- Watch: Officers scrub mud from Guiding school as Guizhou floods recede































