India test-fires nuke capable ballistic missile
Updated: 2011-09-26 13:48
NEW DELHI - India Monday test fired its home developed nuclear capable ballistic missile Prithvi-II off the Orissa coast, defense sources said.
The missile was launched from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Orissa at the Bay of Bengal.
The medium-range missile, which can carry a pay-load of 500 kg, has a maximum range of 350 km.
India successfully test fired its surface-to-surface ballistic missile Shourya from the same test base Saturday.
China, India to host strategic economic talk in Beijing 2011-09-23 20:00
India issues terror alert at Mumbai airport 2011-09-13 15:32
- Last-minute preparations for spacecraft launch
- Europe warned over its debt crisis
- Police sorry over case of sex slaves
- Saudi king gives women right to vote
- Forecasts signal late-week launch of Tiangong-1
- 57 officials punished for demolitions
- Palestine seeks full UN membership
- China to boost green investment