Robinho out of Brazil's London friendly with Ghana
Updated: 2011-09-01 10:59
Germany's Mario Goetze (R) challenges Brazil's Robinho during their friendly soccer match in Stuttgart August 10, 2011. [Photo/Agencies]
RIO DE JANEIRO - AC Milan forward Robinho has been withdrawn from the Brazil squad to face Ghana in a friendly in London next week because of a groin injury, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) said on Wednesday.
"Milan's medical department sent the Brazilian national team's medical department the tests that show the player's injury," the CBF said in a statement on its website (www.cbf.com.br).
Coach Mano Menezes, who will not name a replacement, has forwards Neymar, Alexandre Pato, Leandro Damiao, Hulk and Ronaldinho in his squad for the match at Fulham's Craven Cottage ground on Monday (1845 GMT).
- Ministry to hold daily news conferences
- US heightens security for 9/11 anniversary
- IAAF: No rush to change rule that ousted Bolt
- Ministry: Upgrade of arms won't alter policy
- Urumqi expo offers 'platform for cooperation'
- Apple to talk with NGO over pollution
- Closure of kindergartens faces major problem
- Campaign aims to bring vagrant children home