Sailing exhibition held in Qingdao
Updated: 2011-08-20 17:31
Sailboats are seen during the opening ceremony of the 3rd Qingdao International Sailing Week in Qingdao, East China's Shandong province, Aug 20, 2011. [Photo/Asianewsphoto]
The exhibition, which displays posters, pictures, brochures and souvenirs from three Olympic museums, five national sailing associations and 13 cities, is part of 3rd Qingdao International Sailing Week which runs from August 20 to September 4.
The Olympic Museum in Lausanne, the Barcelona Olympic Museum and the Kiel Sailing Week of Germany all sent their collections to Qingdao, the host to the 2008 Olympic sailing.
Goran Petersson, President of the International Sailing Federation (ISAF), and other five experts on sailing and arts were invited to select top 10 out of the exhibition.
The top prize went to the Kiel Sailing Week of Germany.
Qingdao Sailing Week 2011-08-17 14:15
China's Qingdao, France's Languedoc-Roussillon join hands for Tour de France sailing 2011-06-08 09:41
Extreme Sailing Series set to visit Qingdao again next year 2011-04-18 10:56
Sailing City - Qingdao 2010-09-01 15:53
- Iran jails US hikers as spies for 8 years
- Foreign victims to get same compensation
- 7.1-magnitude quake rocks Vanuatu
- Blasts, heavy gunfire heard in Libyan capital
- B737 crashes in Arctic killing 12
- China's growth can benefit Japan
- 3 killed in hospital blast in N China
- Crackdown on crimes involving minors