Foot-and-mouth disease found in hogs in C China
Updated: 2012-01-10 07:09
BEIJING - Live pigs in Central China's Hubei province have been found to be infected with foot-and-mouth disease, the Ministry of Agriculture announced Monday.
The virus was detected in 24 live pigs in the county of Badong on December27 last year, and test results confirmed on Sunday that the pigs were carrying the O-type virus, said the ministry.
All infected pigs and another 71 raised together have been killed and properly disposed of, and the epidemic has been effectively contained, the ministry said.
- US accusation against China groundless: FM
- China urges more efforts to curb porn
- Talks key to resolving sea disputes
- US says army strongest despite cuts
- Iran sentences CIA 'spy' to death
- ROK President on China visit for bilateral ties
- 'Cold war thinking' has no place
- Nationwide rush for home kicks off