Jealous husband kills 9, including wife
Updated: 2011-09-28 07:15
SHIJIAZHUANG - Police in north China's Hebei Province said late Tuesday that they have apprehended the man whose skepticism over his wife's faithfulness prompted him to go on a killing spree.
Qin Changcheng, a 32-year-old fruit vendor, killed nine people, including his wife, the boss of a car wash that his wife used to work for, his uncle, his aunt and several other villagers, in Xixindian Township of the city of Botou on Monday, the provincial police department said in a statement.
According to the statement, Qin told police that he wanted to take revenge as he believed that his wife was cheating on him.
Qin also said that he had had conflicts with the relatives that he killed.
A further investigation is underway, said the statement.
- 271 injured in Shanghai's subway crash
- Sino-DPRK trade zone 'going well'
- Probe to look into fatal train attack
- Asian powers start key dialogue
- Spacecraft ready to go on mission
- Guard kills US citizen at CIA base
- Shanghai subway trains rear-end, 270 injured
- Last-minute preparations for spacecraft launch