BYD eyes more market share
Updated: 2011-09-16 14:32
By Yin Mingzhe (chinadaily.com.cn)
BYD says that it will cut the prices of its five auto models, China Business News (CBN) reported on Feb 18, 2011.
An insider from BYD revealed that the five auto models include the F0, F3, F3R, G3 and F6, and the cutting price range is between 3,000 and 15,000 yuan ($470-$2348).
The insider also said that BYD has the capacity for large-scale production and the increasing return to scale is enough to cover the rising cost. Consumers will benefit from the price reduction and BYD will enhance its market share.
Morgan Stanley maintains its credit rating of Overweight, a positive view for investment, with the target price of HK$53 and expects that BYD's favorable model mix and strong performance in lower-tier cities may help offset system risks, CBN reported.
BYD share value slumps 2011-09-16 13:34
BYD's safety airbags not safe 2011-09-16 13:34
BYD says goal remains despite layoffs 2011-09-16 13:34
BYD earning performance falls 2011-09-16 13:34
- Huawei eyes enterprise deals
- China to curb chemical plants due to environmental concerns
- China extending pension program to countryside
- Fosun, PFI form insurance JV
- Conoco urged to prevent new pollution
- Alcoa set to take major stake in JV
- Inflation expectations on the rise
- FDI continues double-digit growth