China to apply renewable energy quota
Updated: 2012-02-28 17:27
China is expected to apply a nationwide quota system to the use of renewable energy in power generation in 2012, China News Service reported Monday, citing Ren Dongming, director of the Centre for Renewable Energy Development of Energy Research Institute National Development and Reform Commission.
On the provincial level, the system will set renewable energy quotas for total electricity consumption, electricity amount acquired by grid enterprises and the number of renewable energy power plants, he said.
The quota system is part of the national renewable energy development goal to encourage active tapping of local renewable energies, he added.
Grid corporations, large power investment enterprises and local governments will be the main responsible bodies to implement the system, said the report.
Renewable energy riding high 2012-02-25 08:30
Sustainability through renewable energy 2011-05-10 07:54
China establishes renewable energy center 2012-02-23 22:54
China puts more money in renewable energy resources 2011-12-05 08:57
- ZTE to expand mobile phone business overseas
- Asset approval shake-up begins
- Foreign cars may be shut out of govt fleet
- Video shopping service launched
- Bank opens path to stock sale
- Lower down payment to reduce supply of housing
- China on the path to efficient use of energy
- Minimum price for discount movie tickets mulled