BOC to extend $10b yuan of credit to Wahaha
Updated: 2011-08-20 11:04
BEIJING -- The Bank of China said Friday it signed a strategic agreement with the Hangzhou Wahaha Group, the country's leading food and beverage maker, on Thursday.
The nation's third-largest lender by assets will extend 10 billion yuan ($1.56 billion) to Wahaha and its subordinated companies, according to the agreement.
The lender will also provide overall finance services to the group to help it explore overseas markets and diversify. The services include credit and financing, cash management, international settlements, personal finance and consultation.
Founded in 1987, Wahaha has topped the list of the country's food and beverage producers in terms of assets, output, sales, profits and taxation for 13 years.
Bank of China OKed for 32b yuan of subordinate debt 2011-05-11 14:35
Bank of China taps Cambodian market 2011-05-09 10:19
Bank of China in HK to launch RMB fiduciary account scheme 2011-04-01 10:26
Bank of China allows US customers to trade yuan 2011-01-12 09:58
Wahaha plans to open department stores 2011-03-03 09:12
- Dagong refutes claims of AAA 'generosity'
- Buffett's backing fails to help BYD
- Race is on for fastest supercomputer
- Illegal rare earth mining rampant in E China
- New guidelines to promote logistics industry
- Philips aims for healthy expansion in China
- China pledges no hard-landing
- Incubating a biotech future for tomorrow