Gome eyes 2nd-tier cities for expansion
Updated: 2011-08-29 16:59
Gome Electrical Appliances Holding Ltd, China's second-largest electronic appliances distributor, said on Monday that 60 percent of its new stores for 2011 will be opened in second-tier Chinese cities, Reuters reported.
Chairman Zhang Dazhong made the comment at a news conference after the company announced its interim results.
Gome posted a 30.1 percent jump in net profit for the first half of 2011 on solid sales growth as it accelerated store expansion, matching analyst forecasts.
The company, which competes with Suning Appliance Co Ltd, recorded 7.4 percent same-store sales growth in the first half and said it aimed to drive same-store growth and expand its store network into lower-tier cities.
Gome on world's Top 50 retailer list 2011-07-22 11:03
Tesco, Gome enter strategic cooperation 2011-07-05 09:52
Gome sues ex-chairman for allegedly damaging reputation 2011-06-22 15:30
Gome reports strong result, expansion aims 2011-03-29 09:34
- NDRC sees no easing in imported inflation
- Wind power industry hits turning point
- China has 929.84m mobile phone users
- China's July lottery sales jump 37.1%
- Sinopec says H1 net profits up 12%
- BYD in need of recharge, analysts say
- $8b of non-tradable shares to be unlocked
- Motorola brings Google bevy of patents