Home > Services > Marriage and Family

Children and adoption

Updated : 2015-06-09

Materials that should be submitted when registering adoption

The parties involved in the adoptive relationship shall, when registering adoption, fill out a registration application for adoption of children by foreigners in China and submit the adoption agreement, and shall respectively submit the relevant documents. Among them, the adopters shall submit the following documents: (1) the Notice of Coming to China for Adoption issued by the Chinese adoption organization; and (2) the identity documents and photos of the adopters. The person placing out a child for adoption shall submit the following documents: (1) the notice that consent has already been given to the adoption of the adoptee issued by the civil affairs department of the people's government of the province, autonomous region or municipality directly under the Central Government; (2) the residence booklet and resident identity card of the person placing out the child for adoption (if a social welfare institution places out the child for adoption, the identity credential of the persons-in-charge of such an institution) and photos of the adoptee.