BEIJING - Seven new deaths from A/H1N1 influenza was reported on the Chinese mainland last month, bringing the death toll of the flu to 800, according to the latest report of the Ministry of Health.
The report posted on the website of the ministry late Friday said 429 people were confirmed to be infected with A/H1N1 flu in March, 70 of whom were hospitalized.
The figures marked a noticeable decline compared with the previous month when 18 deaths were reported and 856 cases were confirmed.
The report said a mass infection was not possible currently, but it did not rule out the possibility in the upcoming summer.
The country had been continuing its efforts of inoculation, the report said. According to a separate report of the ministry, more than 94 million people had been vaccinated against the flu as of Thursday.