Updated: 2012-12-24 05:40
An entry-level car made at the Sino-German joint venture Shanghai Volkswagen, the all-new Santana was launched on Dec 16 in Beijing at price range between 84,900 and 123,800 yuan.
It is 4,473 mm long, 1,706 mm wide and 1,469 mm high. Its wheelbase is 2,603 mm, some 55 mm longer than the previous generation.
The car has options of 1.4-liter or 1.6-liter naturally aspired engines. Two transmission options are available, a five-speed manual and six-speed automatic.
Developed on a new platform by the company, the latest generation Santana features a completely different exterior than its predecessor.
New plant could boost Volkswagen production in China 2012-10-24 10:33
Volkswagen to set up auto parts factory in Tianjin 2012-09-03 11:00
All-new Volkswagen Lavida 2012-08-27 08:05
FAW-Volkswagen builds China's largest vehicle test track 2012-06-08 17:56
Models of Volkswagen China 2012-04-26 09:27
- Vegetable prices on the rise in Jan
- China's auto output, sales set world record again
- China targeted by 72 trade probes in 2012
- China aims at becoming full IRENA member
- WeChat: Tencent's not so secret weapon
- Poly Real Estate profits rise 28.69%
- HK company registration hit record high in '12
- Eroding Chinese consumers' trust unwise