HSBC opens 25th branch on mainland
Updated: 2012-03-01 10:22
NANJING -- HSBC Bank (China) Co Ltd has opened a new branch in the eastern Chinese city of Wuxi, hoping that its 25th opening on the Chinese mainland will further expand its network.
The new branch will mainly offer financial services and solutions to domestic-funded and foreign-funded businesses in Wuxi, an economic boom town in affluent Jiangsu province, said Qiao Jun, president of the Wuxi branch.
It will offer banking services to local residents and overseas clients, Qiao said.
The Wuxi branch officially started operating on Feb 28, and it will employ about 20 staff member in its initial period.
HSBC China, which is headquartered in Shanghai, boasts the largest financial network among overseas-funded banks on the Chinese mainland. It operates 25 branches and 91 sub-branches on the mainland, covering 31 major cities.
HSBC stays on track to meet profit goal in 2013 2012-02-28 13:47
China's service industry remains unimproved last month 2012-01-06 13:33
China should reform banks to prevent risks: PBOC 2012-02-17 10:33
- Knowledge 'key' to Shanghai's future
- Shanghai explains housing rule 're-explanation'
- China to support tech sectors
- Café offers more than just a cuppa
- BOC, CME to seek wider use of yuan
- Court set to hear appeal of iPad trademark ruling
- Chinese airline company to buy 10 Boeing 777s
- Dell introduces new business services