All-new Volkswagen Lavida
Updated: 2012-08-27 08:05
The compact sedan made at Sino-German joint venture Shanghai Volkswagen Automobile Co was launched last week with two engine options: 1.4-liter TSI and 1.6-liter four cylinder.
The 1.4-liter version is twinned with a five-speed manual or seven-speed DSG transmission. The 1.6-liter version offers either a five-speed manual or six-speed Tiptronic gearbox.
The 1.4-liter version generates maximum power of 96kW/5000rpm and offers peak torque of 220Nm/1750-3500rpm. It accelerates from zero to 100km/h in 9.6 seconds and has a top speed of 190km/h. The 1.6-liter version produces peak power of 77kW/5250rpm and offers maximum torque of 155Nm/3750rpm. Its top speed is 180km/h.
The all-new Lavida is 4605mm long, 1765mm wide and 1460mm high. It has a 2610mm wheelbase.
The model retails between 112,900 and 166,900 yuan. It goes head-to-head with a slew of other models, such as the Volkswagen Sagitar made at the German carmaker's other joint venture in China, the Chevrolet Cruze, Ford Focus, Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.
VW slips a gear, then replaces China CEO 2012-07-02 15:02
VW shrugs off W Europe decline with monthly sales rise 2012-06-15 14:43
VW to double capacity to 4m in China 2012-06-11 11:08
VW reshuffle reflects China market's power 2012-06-11 08:02
- Vegetable prices on the rise in Jan
- China's auto output, sales set world record again
- China targeted by 72 trade probes in 2012
- China aims at becoming full IRENA member
- WeChat: Tencent's not so secret weapon
- Poly Real Estate profits rise 28.69%
- HK company registration hit record high in '12
- Eroding Chinese consumers' trust unwise