Hong Kong stocks end over 3% higher--Aug 15
Updated: 2011-08-15 16:51
HONG KONG-- Hong Kong stocks surged 640.09 points, or 3.26 percent, to close at 20,260.10 points on Monday led by financial stocks.
It was just off the intraday high of 20,264.33.
The benchmark Hang Seng Index opened much higher in the morning regaining 20,000 points after a strong rally in the US.
The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index jumped 491.53 points, or 4.7 percent, to close at 10,944.17.
- Profit margins thinning in denim capital
- Anti-subsidy probe on EU potato starch extended
- China's Tudou's IPO fully subscribed
- Sliver of a silver lining shines amid the gloom
- Wedding website hopes to lure Chinese couples
- 21 CRH trains to serve Beijing-Shanghai railway
- Heading for a double-dip?
- Video websites get in on the action