YICHANG, Hubei - Twenty four students felt sick and dizzy following breakfast at a school cafeteria in Central China's Hubei province Wednesday and may be suffering from food poisoning, said local authorities.
The faculty of Yichang Commercial School, a vocational school in Yichang city, were informed at around 8 am that some students had become sick after eating breakfast, said the municipal publicity department.
The students were treated at local hospitals and are reported to be in stable condition, it said.
Food that might have been related to the incident is being checked at a local hospital and lab results will be released in 48 hours.
No further details have been provided.
Editor: Ji Xiaoyi