Home > Services > Marriage and Family

Marriage and divorce

Updated : 2015-06-09

4. Locality for the registration of marriage between the foreigners and Chinese citizens

When Chinese citizens and foreigners decide to get married of their own free will within the boundaries of China, both the man and the woman concerned shall appear together at the marriage registration office, designated by the province, autonomous region, or municipality directly under the Central Government, and stationed in the locality where the Chinese citizen has his/her residence registration and apply for marriage registration. It is acceptable if the man and the woman decide to go through the formalities of applying for marriage registration in the marriage certificate registration agency stationed in the foreign country where the foreigner resides.