Investigation team to probe coal mine blast in Jiangxi
( 2003-11-17 10:06) (Xinhua)
An independent fact-finding team Sunday to look into a deadly coal mine
explosion that killed 49 miners and injured seven others Friday in Jiangxi
Sources with the team said the group had held their first
meeting in the province's Jianxin Coal Mine, where the tragedy occurred, and
they would carry on further investigation in two or three days.
They said it would take about two or three months to finish thefinal report
on the real cause of the accident, and the report would be submitted to the
The investigation team consists of Liang Jiakun, deputy director of State
Administration of Coal Mine Safety Supervision, and Ling Chengxing, vice
governor of Jiangxi Province and other officials and work safety experts from
the All-China Federation ofTrade Unions, Ministry of Supervision and the
Rescue and clean-up at the scene concluded Sunday as all the bodies of the 49
miners had been sent up to ground.
The blast occurred at the large state-owned mine at 11:45 a.m. Friday,
killing 49 miners and injuring seven others, of whom two were hurt seriously.
The coal mine with an annual production capacity of 600,000 tons has been
ordered to stop production while Jiangxi provincial government issued an
emergent notice Saturday demanding the prevention of major accidents involving
heavy losses in the province, especially in coal mines, fireworks factories,
public venues and transport.