Government and Policy

Rural migrant workers to get permanent city residency

By Zhao Chunzhe (
Updated: 2009-12-10 14:14

Rural migrant workers with stable jobs and income are to be given permanent urban residence certificates in a move by the National Development and Reform Commission, the reported Wednesday.

China’s Central Economic Conference, held December 5 to 7, proposed to include the rural migrant workers and their children in the urban social and housing security system.

It also called for strengthening the urban infrastructure and city planning as well as including more people in small to medium-sized cities, the report said.