Chemical fiber output to reach 41m tons by 2015
Updated: 2012-01-20 10:38
BEIJING - China's chemical fiber output is expected to reach 41 million tons by 2015 while its production capacity will hit 46 million tons, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology said Thursday.
The country targets an 8-percent growth in value-added output of the chemical fiber industry, according to a guideline issued Tuesday by the ministry regarding boosting the sector's development.
Over the next four years, the chemical fiber companies will strengthen their abilities to self-innovate, push forward technological advances, promote energy conservation and the circular economy, according to the guideline.
The industry will see better product structures and a sharp rise in its production capacity of high-performance chemical fibers by 2015, the guideline said.
Chemicals giant eyes Chinese market 2011-06-16 08:39
Explosion at chemical plant in E China 2011-02-24 06:41
China to curb chemical plants due to environmental concerns 2011-09-16 13:27
Dow Chemical looks for China growth catalyst 2010-11-20 07:50
Chemical spill feared as dike breaches amid storm 2011-08-08 13:10
- Reshuffle may lead to risks for lenders
- Car-rental firm wants to use IPO to expand
- Local pension funds aim to tap financial sector
- Industrial output growth set to slow down
- China cut US Treasury stock
- BMW recalls Mini Coopers in China
- China Unicom 3G users top 40m
- Housing sales fall 15% in major S China city