Poor employment affects growth in China: Report
Updated: 2011-11-07 09:26
BEIJING-- Employment quality in China is relatively low, which is a major reason affecting the quality of economic growth, says a latest report on the labor market.
The report, released Saturday by the Labor Market Research Center of the Beijing Normal University focusing on the quality of employment in China, says Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin were the top three cities in terms of employment quality, adding the overall employment quality in China is still low.
"Poor employment quality in China is a major reason for the poor quality of economic growth," said Lai Desheng, a professor with the Beijing Normal University.
GDP growth 'set to slow to 8.5%' 2011-11-05 08:26
Experts: Economic growth remedy for world 2011-11-05 08:21
Slowing economic growth no indication of hard landing 2011-11-04 16:35
Non-manufacturing sector growth slows 2011-11-03 14:33
- Major areas show slower growth
- Home price-cuts get steeper, more extensive
- SFDA tests disputed baby shampoo
- Economic boom leads to cultural revival
- Urban, rural income gap narrows in Q1-Q3
- PBOC to regulate 3rd-party payment
- China refutes US cyber espionage accusation
- HK boosts yuan internationalization