COFCO inaugurates two new rice processing plants
Updated: 2011-10-12 11:19
BEIJING -- COFCO, China's largest grain and oil dealer, recently expanded its presence in the country's grain market by establishing two new rice processing plants in Northeast China's Heilongjiang province.
The creation of COFCO Rice (Suihua) Ltd and COFCO Rice (Wuchang) Ltd will raise the group's annual cereal handling capacity to 4.08 million metric tons.
In Heilongjiang alone, the company's rice processing capacity will top 1 million metric tons with the operation of two plants in the cities of Suihua and Wuchang, said Yu Xubo, president of COFOC.
The plant in Suihua has an annual rice processing capacity of 300,000 metric tons, while the Wuchang plant has a capacity of 100,000 metric tons.
The state-owned COFCO operates rice plants in the major grain-producing provinces of Heilongjiang, Jilin and Jiangxi.
COFCO raises stake in Mengniu 2011-07-15 13:36
COFCO hits out at data changes 2011-07-09 09:45
China's grain output to top 550m tons this year 2011-09-29 15:09
China's summer grain output up 2.5% 2011-07-12 09:01
- Taobao works to bring order to booming e-market
- AstraZeneca to build $200m center in China
- WTO talks at the crossroads
- China buys Japan debt as crises in West grow
- Currency act shortsighted
- Bailout of Wenzhou private firms
- Farm produce prices slightly up last week
- Energy links with Russia strengthened
Jackson children dance to his music at tribute gig
Rugby World Cup quarter-final match at Wellington