Beijing to build industrial park for new-energy vehicles
Updated: 2011-09-26 17:22
BEIJING -- Beijing on Sept 26 signed an agreement with an automobile manufacturer to build the country's largest industrial park for producing components for new-energy vehicles, according to municipal authorities.
According to an agreement signed by the Pinggu district government and Beiqi Foton Motor Co, Ltd, the industrial park will be located in the Xinggu Economic and Technological Development Zone in Beijing's suburban Pinggu district.
The park will manufacture and sell components and high-end equipment for the production of new-energy vehicles, as well as provide logistical services, according to the agreement. The park is expected to be completed by 2017.
The Pinggu district lies 70 km northeast of Beijing, linking it with the northern port city of Tianjin.
Truck maker Beiqi Foton driving into US, Europe 2011-09-01 11:45
Beiqi Foton signs investment MOU with India 2011-05-02 11:41
China's Foton Motor to assemble light trucks in Colombia 2010-11-06 16:38
Beiqi Foton forms new energy alliance 2010-09-06 08:06
- China issues growth plan for SMEs
- Sinohydro aims to raise $2.3b in Shanghai IPO
- Draft law for mandated warranties released
- Slower GDP growth in Q4 predicted
- VW again raises stakes with record investment
- Sky's the limit for owners of private jets
- McDonald's licensed for expansion
- Beijing's 2nd-hand home sales drop to 3-yr low