Top Biz News

Aviva to set up JV with Central China Securities

By Hu Yuanyuan (
Updated: 2009-11-24 15:41

Aviva, the world's fifth-largest insurance group, has inked a deal with Henan-based Central China Securities to set up a joint-venture asset management company, sources told China Daily yesterday.

"Aviva will take a 49 percent stake in the joint venture with the remaining 51 percent going to Central China Securities," the source said. "And we will apply for the approval of the industry regulator within the year," they added.

Related readings:
Aviva to set up JV with Central China Securities Aviva Group foresees a growing insurance market
Aviva to set up JV with Central China Securities Aviva-COFCO donates accident insurance for public bicycle users
Aviva to set up JV with Central China Securities DBS, Aviva ink 5-year extension of business cooperation

Currently, Aviva has a 50-50 joint venture life insurance company with China National Cereals, Oils & Foodstuffs Corporation. The insurer opened for business in 2003.

Kathleen Jiang, head of the strategic planning sector at Aviva China, told China Daily in an earlier interview that setting up a new firm will make the structure clearer although more time-consuming compared with acquiring an existing company.