China limits foreigners' housing mortgage
Updated: 2012-02-02 16:14
The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), China's top economic planner, just released a notice, limiting mortgages for foreigners purchasing properties in China, the Shanghai Securities Journal reported Thursday.
The notice said the long-term foreign debt demand of branches of foreign banks in China for foreigners' mortgage on buying properties in China will not be approved.
According to the notice, yuan funds borrowed by foreign banks for a term of longer than one year will be managed as long-term debts. Moreover, the total amount of local and foreign currencies of one-year term should be no more than the total amount of foreign debt, the report said.
An industry insider said this act will narrow down foreigners' sources of getting fund for housing mortgage and in some way limit their purchase.
New channels mulled to fund affordable housing 2011-06-15 14:04
China mulls new ways to fund affordable homes 2011-06-15 09:40
Local financing approved for affordable housing 2011-06-21 17:05
Tough to meet CPI target, NDRC head says 2011-08-26 09:23
- Online shopping revenue to hit 800b yuan
- China vows enhanced agricultural investment
- Alibaba sets up environmental protection foundation
- China ready to defend its rare earth polices at WTO
- Google's mapping service hits a bump in the road
- Integrity system to target Net dishonesty
- Solar firms may face higher tariffs in US market
- Uptick in official PMI 'signals stabilization'