250 people sick for food poisoning in Nepal

Updated: 2006-11-02 13:57

KATHMANDU - More than 250 people became sick after dining together in southeast Nepal, local Kantipur F.M. Radio reported on Thursday.

The victims from Rampurbirta village of Siraha district had dinner together after a ceremony memorizing a dead villager.

Ratan Kumar Das, director at the Public Health Office of Siraha, said the food poisoning was probably caused by the pickle they ate.

A medical team led by Das to treat the villagers has returned to district headquarters as the crisis started to calm down.

Top World News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours