Bryant loses McDonald's endorsement deal
( 2004-01-20 09:59) (Agencies)
Kobe Bryant's sponsorship agreement with McDonald's Restaurants will not be renewed, the fast food company announced on Monday.
Bryant's three-year sponsorship deal with McDonald's expired on December 31 and the company says it will not be renewed.
A McDonald's spokesman refused to speculate if the company would use Bryant's services in the future, as the Los Angeles Lakers star faces sexual assault charges in Colorado.
Bryant's once-wholesome image, which made him a favorite of many advertisers, has been damaged since a 19-year-old woman accused him of sexual assault last year.
Ferrero of Italy, the maker of Nutella chocolate spread, also did not renew Bryant's endorsement contract when it expired.
Bryant, currently out the Lakers lineup with a shoulder injury, is a five-time NBA All-Star and has helped Los Angeles to three league titles.
Bryant says the sex was consensual. The case continues in Colorado.
|.contact us |.about us
|Copyright By chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved