76 students poisoned after having breakfast
( 2003-12-02 00:59) (Xinhua)
Some 76 college students in Yizhou city of south China's Guangxi Zhuang
Autonomous Region were poisoned after having breakfast at the dining hall of
Hechi College early Monday.
Soon after taking breakfast at seven o'clock, 76 students began to vomit or
have stomachache. Six students have been seriously poisoned, one of whom had
even stricken into grave toxic shock.
The poisoned students were immediately sent to hospital after the accident
occurred, and doctors are now giving an emergency treatment to the student in
According to experts, the food poisoning was caused by " dushuqiang", a kind
of high-efficiecy poison specially used for killing rats.
Local government and health officials have come to the school and local
police is making full efforts to investigate the case.