Anhui Conch Cement net profit more than doubles
Updated: 2011-10-26 16:07
BEIJING -- Anhui Conch Cement Co Ltd, China's biggest cement producer by output, said its net profit soared 124.66 percent year-on-year to 3.06 billion yuan ($482.4 million) in the third quarter of 2011.
The profit upsurge was driven by increases in both cement prices and sales volume, Conch said in a statement filed with the Shanghai Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
Operating revenue stood at 12.6 billion yuan for the third quarter, according to Conch.
The share price of dual-listed Conch rose more than 4 percent in Shanghai in morning trading and gained 2.6 percent in Hong Kong.
Giving cement production a cleaner image 2011-09-21 07:49
China's cement output up 19.6% in H1 2011-08-03 17:31
- Chinalco swings back to profit in Q3
- 3G mobile phone users exceed 100m
- Fewer grads taking test for govt jobs
- Positions at foreign firms less attractive
- Lenders will issue bonds to aid SMEs
- Micro credit providing a lifeline
- Sinopec lifts diesel output to ease severe shortages
- Chinese satisfied with nation's banks: Poll