China now Bentley's biggest market
Updated: 2012-04-09 15:36
British auto icon Bentley Motors announced that China has become its biggest market globally due to significant sales growth in the first quarter of 2012.
The announcement said Bentley sold 578 of its ultra-luxury cars in China in the three months, an 84.9 percent increase over the same period last year, to surpass the United States, where 468 units were sold.
Globally it sold 1,759 cars in the period, a 46.6 percent increase over the same period last year.
- China swings back to trade surplus in March
- Top court rules on home demolition rights
- First-quarter home prices down 20.7% in Beijing
- China to withdraw 38 food additives
- Shoppers are feeling the pinch
- 'Time for closer ties' with India
- Majorities in China feel living standard improving
- Experts urge strong branding