Full Coverages>Life>China Snapshots>North China

Flower juice turns out to be poisonous
(China Daily)
Updated: 2004-02-20 16:20

Curious about the flavour of crystal juices on the stem of a home-grown flower, a man in Beijing tasted the juice, only to suffer poisoning, Beijing Evening News reports.

When Zhang cut the flower at the stem on Monday, some crystal juices oozed. But soon after he licked the juice, Zhang felt his lips and stomach burning. He tried to rinse his mouth but began vomiting 15 minutes later.

He was rushed to a local hospital, where doctors found they had not come across such a case.

After a four-hour rehydration infusion, Zhang stopped vomiting but still has severe stomach ache.

  Story Tools