Home>News Center>China

Over 40 poisoned from village feast
Updated: 2004-12-19 22:02

More than 40 people were poisoned from a village feast in this capital city of north China Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Saturday, local health authorities told Xinhua Sunday.

The poisoned people, aged from six to about 70, have received emergent rescue services at a local hospital, and they are all out of danger, the authorities said. Some of them are still hospitalized.

The food poisoning occurred Saturday when Ren Humao couple, who live at Datai Village of Hohhot, held a feast at the local restaurant to celebrate the 100-day mark upon their baby's birth. Many of the guests suffered dizziness and felt nauseated and dog-tired.

Preliminary tests showed that the soup that the patients had at the feast contained a great deal of nitrite, which was a sort of industrial material and food additive.

Cause of the accident is under further investigation.

  Today's Top News     Top China News

China's banking industry enters global integration



"One country, two systems" works in Macao



EU aims to lift China arms ban by mid-2005



China helps track French satellite's orbit



60 killed, 120 wounded in Iraq car blasts



Sunken ferry kills 10 students in Shaanxi


  Eating out: Delicious dining, dating, debating
  "One country, two systems" works in Macao
  Tariff cuts will not hurt domestic auto industry
  Electric vehicles may be used for 2008 Games
  Sunken ferry kills 10 students in Shaanxi
  EU aims to lift China arms ban by mid-2005
  Go to Another Section  
  Story Tools  
  Related Stories  
200 pupils poisoned by school dinner
Students safe after eating tainted soup
More than 100 students suffer from tainted food
Food poisoning hits restaurant in north China
65 children poisoned after school breakfast
HK confirms 3 imported food poisoning outbreaks
Food poison victims out of danger
  News Talk  
  It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008