A train that came from history's station

China Daily | Updated: 2021-09-11 08:10
Share - WeChat
In the locomotive cab, veteran driver Hu Haibin carefully operates the locomotive and constantly watches out for the driving situation. [Photo by Guo Liliang/For China Daily]

The narrow gauge railway, affiliated to the Supply and Marketing Company of Matian Mining Co, Ltd is located in Yongxing county. Built in 1962, it is mainly responsible for the supply of large-scale materials inside the mine and the export of coal. The railway gauge is only 762 mm (the standard railway gauge is 1,432 mm). When it was completed in 1962, the total length was 15.8 kilometers with seven small stations and two sets of locomotives operating 24 hours a day. The original locomotives were 18 tons.

In 1987, they were replaced by 28-ton steam locomotives. Since 1991, they were upgraded to 380-horsepower diesel locomotives.

|<< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next   >>|
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349