Global EditionASIA 中文双语Français
China
Home / China / Latest

Chinese mainland reports 8 new imported COVID-19 cases

Xinhua | Updated: 2020-07-13 09:59
A staff member disinfects a car going out of the Xinfadi market in Fengtai district of Beijing, capital of China, July 11, 2020. From Saturday, the second batch of people at high risk of exposure to the Xinfadi market are released from quarantine. [Photo/Xinhua]

BEIJING  - The Chinese mainland reported eight new imported COVID-19 cases Sunday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,979, the National Health Commission said Monday.

No new suspected cases or deaths related to the disease were reported Sunday, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.

Of the eight cases, Inner Mongolia autonomous region reported four cases, Guangdong province saw two cases, and Shanghai municipality and Shandong province each reported one imported case.

With the eight new imported COVID-19 cases Sunday, the total number of imported cases was brought to 1,979. Among the imported cases, 1,893 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 86 remained hospitalized, with one in severe condition, the commission said.

Seven people, including four from overseas, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.

As of Sunday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,602, including 320 patients who were still being treated, with three in severe condition.

On Sunday, a total of 14 people were discharged from hospital after recovery.

Altogether 78,648 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease, the commission said.

According to the commission, 3,494 close contacts were still under medical observation after 538 people were discharged from medical observation Sunday.

Also on Sunday, six new asymptomatic cases, all from overseas, were reported on the mainland and no asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed ones.

The commission said 110 asymptomatic cases, including 85 from overseas, were still under medical observation.

By Sunday, 1,469 confirmed cases including seven deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 46 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 451 in Taiwan including seven deaths.

A total of 1,214 patients in the Hong Kong SAR, 45 in the Macao SAR, and 438 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US